…you get a quote bomb.
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ~Carl Rogers
I love walljewelry‘s depiction of a metamorphosis.
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ~ I’ve seen this quote attributed to at least two people. What I can definitively say is that I didn’t write it. ;-)
We’re entering a new year in a couple days! I can honestly say 2012 has been the best year of my life so far. That’s not to say that there haven’t been some major struggles, but I feel like things are coming more together for me and us. Our system is, in general, more settled as we work out how to deal with each challege that comes up.
I do have some hopes for the new year.
- I hope to put aside $20 a month at least 8 months out of the year. (If my glasses break or we have a kitty vet emergency, we’re in deep trouble.)
- I hope to keep doing light exercise 4-5 days a week, either walking somewhere or one of our senior chair exercise DVDs.
- I hope to find ways to eat better that don’t require too much standing in the kitchen since I never know how I’ll feel from day to day. I’m thinking a simple but healthy soup once a week–minestrone, chicken & rice with lots of carrots, taco soup with plenty of veggies, etc.
- I hope to reconnect with my aunts and also my niece and nephews. I want this so much but am pretty nervous about it. More about that in another post.
- I hope to craft some sort of “advent” calendar-type of thing for December.
- I hope to learn more about Paganism and similar beliefs that I and several of the others feel connected to. We want to bring this more into our daily life.
I know there are other hopes but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment and feel the most important.
Whatever your situation at the moment, I’m wishing you all a new year filled with amazing things that you might not even be thinking of. I wish you all peace and happiness. I wish that the new year will bring you new life, new energy.
I’m in love with this gorgeous “New Life” print by JasmineCheri!
Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more. ~Anthony Robbins
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran
The value of a man resides in what he gives and not what he is capable of receiving. ~Albert Einstein
Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life’s blood. But everyone has something to give. ~Barbara Bush
Wishing you all a beautiful, peaceful holiday!
I’m loving this whimsical print by sublimecolors!
“The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”
“Education is not a preparation for life; education is life itself.”
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.” ~August Wilson
(This amazing piece is available in PoppyCatSews‘ shop on Etsy)
Be good to you!
Be yourself, truthfully.
Accept yourself, gratefully.
Value yourself, joyfully.
Forgive yourself, completely.
Treat yourself, generously.
Balance yourself, harmoniously.
Bless yourself, abundantly.
Trust yourself, confidently.
Love yourself, wholeheartedly.
Empower yourself, immediately.
Give yourself, enthusiastically.
Express yourself, radiantly.