Wow, I can’t believe it’s been a week since I lost wrote. I have a lot to get done today and can’t write but I do have a new post in the works that I’ll post in the next few days. In the meantime, I leave you with this:
Thank goodness it’s so true! Have a great day, everyone. Sending you all peace.
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ~Carl Rogers
I love walljewelry‘s depiction of a metamorphosis.
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ~ I’ve seen this quote attributed to at least two people. What I can definitively say is that I didn’t write it. ;-)
We’re entering a new year in a couple days! I can honestly say 2012 has been the best year of my life so far. That’s not to say that there haven’t been some major struggles, but I feel like things are coming more together for me and us. Our system is, in general, more settled as we work out how to deal with each challege that comes up.
I do have some hopes for the new year.
- I hope to put aside $20 a month at least 8 months out of the year. (If my glasses break or we have a kitty vet emergency, we’re in deep trouble.)
- I hope to keep doing light exercise 4-5 days a week, either walking somewhere or one of our senior chair exercise DVDs.
- I hope to find ways to eat better that don’t require too much standing in the kitchen since I never know how I’ll feel from day to day. I’m thinking a simple but healthy soup once a week–minestrone, chicken & rice with lots of carrots, taco soup with plenty of veggies, etc.
- I hope to reconnect with my aunts and also my niece and nephews. I want this so much but am pretty nervous about it. More about that in another post.
- I hope to craft some sort of “advent” calendar-type of thing for December.
- I hope to learn more about Paganism and similar beliefs that I and several of the others feel connected to. We want to bring this more into our daily life.
I know there are other hopes but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment and feel the most important.
Whatever your situation at the moment, I’m wishing you all a new year filled with amazing things that you might not even be thinking of. I wish you all peace and happiness. I wish that the new year will bring you new life, new energy.
I’m in love with this gorgeous “New Life” print by JasmineCheri!
Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more. ~Anthony Robbins
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran
The value of a man resides in what he gives and not what he is capable of receiving. ~Albert Einstein
Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life’s blood. But everyone has something to give. ~Barbara Bush
Wishing you all a beautiful, peaceful holiday!
I’m loving this whimsical print by sublimecolors!
“Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.” -Holocaust Museum, Washington, D.C.
APKHandmade‘s amazing prints of Ray Appelbaum’s work can be found on Etsy.
“I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter – to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.”
3WishesCreations has this and many other wonderful pieces on Etsy.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
This amazing piece is available in WithAllMyHeartArt‘s shop on Etsy.
“The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”
“Education is not a preparation for life; education is life itself.”
These fantastic upcycled crayons can be found in art2theextreme‘s shop on Etsy.
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.” ~August Wilson
(This amazing piece is available in PoppyCatSews‘ shop on Etsy)